Tuesday, January 26, 2010

KD and Me

I will start with an out of character introduction to myself the player, including why i play EVE and what i hope to get out of it.

After dabbling in the beta, I started playing EVE-Online seriously late in 2006. For me gaming of all types has always been about generating stories and memories to share with friends. Before this I had never played an MMO style game seriously and i didnt expect to find much enjoyment from it.

Being quite a social person in real life, ive set about a task of running a small corporation within EVE talored to my style of gameplay. I beleive strongly in not allowing entertainment to run my life so this corporation, Sefem Velox, is designed for casual players who are uninterested in having a second job in an online universe.

My goal for EVE-Online is to create a place where players can learn about this game and grow both in game and out of it. I have no delusions of players staying in Sefem forever, nor of controlling last tracts of space.

The long term goal is to have enough contacts in RealLife(tm) and in New Eden to create avenues for players to find like minded corporations to join. Sefem Velox should act as an intermeditary to help players find other like minded players, and to provide the knowledge to have as much fun as possible ingame.

I hope to retell the stories of my character, Kielen Dres through this blog. He is a middle aged Minmatar of the Brutor tribe, born into slavery and liberated sometime after the Jovian war. He graduated from the Republic War Academy on the 13th of November, 108 EST and was elevated to the class of Capsuleer, a god among men.